How Long Does Fire Restoration Take?
SERVPRO features proven methods to ensure your Newark business receives fast, effective fire restoration
Newark is located just three miles southwest of Fremont, California, part of the San Francisco Bay area within Alameda County. The region of Union City, Fremont, and Newark are known collectively as the “Tri-Cities.” Not only does Newark include a culturally diverse population, but there are several significant employers in the area, which include:
- Corporate Express
- World Pac
- Full Bloom Baking Company
- LTD Ceramics
- Cargill Salt
- GE Security
Looking back on Newark's history, the city got its name as a tribute to the castle Newark from Port Glasgow in Scotland. Throughout the 1850s, Newark turned into a prominent center for salt production. In terms of transportation, 1876 is when San Francisco businessmen named Alfred Davis, and Jim Fair wrapped up the construction of the South Pacific Coast Railroad. This line went from Dumbarton Point over to Santa Cruz. The railroad shop, station, and roundhouse were all situated within Newark.
Before Newark having European settlers, the area was home to the Native American Peoples known as Ohlone. It wasn’t until later, when the first European settlement came to the region when Spanish Missionaries developed the Mission of San Jose. This territory covered most of what is now known as present-day Newark, along with Union City and Fremont. The Pacific Land Investment Company purchased land from Alameda County and Washington Township in 1878, which then got subdivided to form Newark town.
Dive into Great Attractions in Newark
There are many fun and exciting attractions in Newark, CA, that many people may not know about, including:
- The NewPark Mall is one of the premier shopping destinations in the area
- The Ardenwood Historic Farm not only is a working-farm but also includes a Victorian mansion
- The Grove is an excellent place to go and enjoy outdoor concerts and other live entertainers
- Great America Amusement Park has long been a nice place for families to enjoy rides, games, and events
- Sillman Family Aquatic Center is an excellent indoor facility filled with water-related wonders
Notable People from Newark, California
Several notable people have come from the Newark area, including:
- Drummer Paul Bostaph
- Professional wrestler Bayley
- MLB player Joe Rudi
- Comedian Christopher Titus
- Relief pitcher and Hall of Famer Rollie Fingers
Newark Retailers Need Prompt Fire Restoration to Get Back Up and Running – Call SERVPRO First!
Once you have a fire in your Newark offices, you may wonder what you could have done to avoid it. No matter the cause, SERVPRO provides rapid response and detailed cleaning to ensure all signs of fire damage get eliminated.
There are several steps that you can take to prevent the need for commercial fire restoration in Newark in the future, including:
- Have all of your smoke alarms and sprinklers inspected to ensure function
- Making sure that all fire extinguishers are ready to go throughout your building
- Shutting off all equipment or appliances whenever the space is unoccupied
- Putting all pertinent documentation and backup drives in a fire-retardant safe or having everything backed up
SERVPRO offers everything from document recovery to controlled demolition. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, and you can reach our team at SERVPRO of Newark, Southwest Fremont by calling (510) 737-8793.