What Preventative Steps Can I Take to Protect My Fremont Home from Fire Damage?
There are Many Things You Can Do to Protect Your Home from Fire Damage
House fires are a common concern of most Fremont homeowners. These fires have many everyday causes and can arise at almost any time, with little warning. However, there are some measures residents can take to prevent or lessen the severity of these potentially catastrophic events.
Local Fremont fire damage remediator SERVPRO believes that by taking the following actions, you could either prevent or substantially reduce your risks of suffering the worst fire-related damage:
- Always remain mindful of the various dangers associated with cooking, know how to extinguish each type of fire, and keep a fire extinguisher near your cooking area at all times
- Do not leave stoves or electric appliances turned on while unattended
- Never smoke cigarettes or cigars while lying down on a bed or couch
- Have a fire extinguishing/sprinkler system installed in your home
- Keep your yard well-maintained, routinely trimming all trees and shrubbery around your home and promptly clearing away all yard waste
- Instruct children not to play with lighters, matches, or the burners of your range
With all that said, if you ever do experience a residential fire, remember that SERVPRO is skilled at restoring fire damaged homes like yours. Our skilled fire and smoke damage experts can usually perform whatever house fire clean up, smoke remediation, and fire damage restoration work that your home needs.
Considering this, be sure to call your neighbors at SERVPRO of Newark, Southwest Fremont, whenever you need help restoring your home’s fire damage. We are available 24/7 to help you at (510) 737-8793.